Safety Notice for Neodymium Magnets


Magnets are not toys.
The magnets pose a risk of death to small children, who may swallow them.
Danger of crushing:

Neodymium magnets are powerful magnets.
You may bruise your skin if it is caught between the magnet and a metal object.
Working with the magnets:

Neodymium magnets are very difficult to work and may break apart when machined.
Magnets must not be soldered or welded.
The NdFeB material is highly flammable.
Colliding magnets:

Neodymium magnets may break if they collide or fall to the ground.
The slivers of magnet normally have sharp edges.
Technical equipment:

Powerful permanent magnets can damage technical equipment and storage media.
People with pacemakers or a defibrillator are particularly at risk.

Neodymium magnets are typically nickel-plated.

If neodymium magnets are heated above 80C, they lose their magnetic effect.